The Gilbert Brown Foundation’s mission is service youth in an environment that promotes structure and life skills awareness, by introducing team building skills and promoting diversity in the community.
Gilbert partners with the Wisconsin Association of Campground Owners and makes appearances at various parks throughout the summer to raise funds for kids with cancer and other illnesses. Campers truly enjoy spending time, and talking, with the former Super Bowl Champion while raising money for a great cause.
The Gilbert Brown Foundation has special events each quarter and works with organizations like Make-A-Wish and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The foundation puts on a free football camp for inner-city youth, hosts a turkey giveaway and supplies coats and toys for children during the holidays. The foundation has provided necessary school supplies for kids and regularly sends footballs to our brave men and women in the military.
Being a Green Bay Packer, Gilbert loves his Wisconsin fans and has adopted the idea that “the money raised in Wisconsin, stays in Wisconsin!”
How The Money You Help Raise Is Spent:
Gilbert’s Foundation works hard to support the Foundations efforts by using a team of volunteers to manage the association. The following is a listing of projects the Foundation is currently supporting.
- Brett Favre’s Fourward
- The Foundation funds Scholarship programs to schools in Wisconsin.
- We provide gas cards for kids with cancer enabling them to get necessary medical care.
- We provide gas cards for breast cancer patients.
- School supplies are purchased and delivered to inner city children.
- St. Jude’s Hospital
- Donate auction items for various charities, raising over $40,000 for youth sports groups, individual cancer kids & families, memorials, area golf tournaments, breast cancer walks & runs, area football camps and scholarship fundraisers annually.
- Teddy Bear Fund – provides supplies for inmates to create items that can be used within the Foundation. Gilbert himself visits the institutions and speaks about respect & mistakes.
- The Foundation makes donations to area Churches including providing meals for those in need. Gilbert & his friends have attended and promoted these events.
- Donations to The American Red Cross.
- Gilbert puts on FREE football camps for inner city youth.
- Over 200 Autographed footballs are sent to the troops on a semi-annual basis.
- Supports Make-a-Wish Foundation on a yearly basis.
- The Foundation contributes to the MS organization.
- Gilbert and other former NFL players have delivered speeches and worked with the Boys and Girls Clubs in addition to contributing funds.
- Along with Bart Starr, The Foundation supports Raw Hide Boys Ranch.
- The Foundation provides funds to Children’s Hospital In Milwaukee.
- Gilbert has taken on an Anti-bullying program to deliver to schools.